todo o material postado no blog pode ser encontrado na internet

*55 Days of Vintage Christmas* - Holiday Advertising

*55 Days of Vintage Christmas* - Holiday Advertising:
Cmasheader


You know what I realized today? Next week is Thanksgiving. I was supposed to put up our decorations this week... the week before Thanksgiving, I told myself. I failed to realize this week was that week. I guess the last week of November will have to do. ; )


Today's Vintage Christmas post is all about Holiday Advertising. With the holidays coming up, you know that all of the stores will have their holiday TV ads running. You know, the usually really annoying ones... like, from Kay Jewelers and such.


Heck, they're probably already running those ads, I just rarely watch live TV, so I wouldn't know. (ha) Magazines, too, right?

Pyrex



So I was thinking to myself, "I wonder what products stores back in the 50's and 60's were pushing around this time of year?"


Funnily enough (funnily is a word right?) people were coveting the exact same things many of us vintage lovers will covet THIS Christmas 2011: Pyrex, Kodak cameras, Shoes, Mod dresses, Typewriters in pretty colors. Oh, and a Revolving Christmas Tree. (heck yeh, that's on my list!)


And some things we might not be coveting so much? Bourbon (ok, I take that one back), Old Spice, Karo syrup to make popcorn sculptures with (whaaa??!), Hoover vaccuum (no thanks honey) and........ cigarettes. Lots and lots of cigarettes. (sadly I didn't include any cigarette ads here.. I know, you're bummed.)


Take a gander...

Kodak


Treerevolving


Boubron


Hoover


Coke2


Oldspice


Karo


Shoes


Type


Santadress


5279453172_ecfbdea55b_z


Coke






Enhanced by Zemanta
Traduzir para ChinêsTraduzir para Espanholtraduzir para françêstraduzir para inglêstraduzir para alemãotraduzir para japonêsTraduzir para Russo


MikeLiveira's Space on Tumblr