todo o material postado no blog pode ser encontrado na internet

Caitlin T. McCormack

The act of stiffening intricately crocheted cotton string with glue produces material that is structurally similar to delicate bone tissue. The string utilized in this process can be viewed as the basic cellular unit of fabrication, and by implementing media and practices inherited from my relatives, both living and deceased, I aim to generate emblems of my diminishing bloodline, embodied by each organism's skeletal remains.

The material out of which my work is composed acts as an alchemical conduit between the garment and the clothesline; it acknowledges the latter as a symbol of the ancestry and familiar bonds which have greatly informed my work. I wish to give the impression that a garment has disintegrated and reformed itself in the image of a tenacious animal's remains, representative of both the persistence of memory and the significance of cloth and thread in the realm of human experience.





















Traduzir para ChinêsTraduzir para Espanholtraduzir para françêstraduzir para inglêstraduzir para alemãotraduzir para japonêsTraduzir para Russo


MikeLiveira's Space on Tumblr