The unit had been built since 1843 to 1846. Its ourdoor walls are 1.8 meters thick. After the Crimean War it was a storage and in 1920 it was used as a training unit for artillerymen. During the WWII it was used as a strong point again.
As the time went by, the unit kept going to ruin. It could have collapsed if it were not for some collectors who turned it into a museum in 2010.
When the reconstruction began, local people from sheer habit decided that they were going to make a casino or a hotel out of it.